FRIENDS IN GRIEF, a service of Bay Gardens Funeral Home
Friends in Grief is offering 8-week winter support group
Starting January 2018
Group at St. Elizabeth's Village Mon. Jan. 29 to Mar. 19, 1:30 to 3:30 p.m
Group at Caroline's Place, Hamilton, Tues. Jan. 30 to Mar. 20, 6:30 to 8:30 p.m.
Group at Bay Gardens, Hamilton, Thu. Feb. 1 to Mar. 22, 6:30 to 8:30 p.m.
(18-25 yrs old) Loss Group at Bay Gardens, Hamilton,Tues. Jan. 30 to Mar. 20,6:30 to 8:30 p.m.
Group at Bay Gardens, Hamilton, Tues. Jan. 30 to Mar. 20, 4:00 to 6:00 p.m.
Weekly Drop-In Discussion Topics
Jan. 10, 2018
- Allow yourself time to process your grief
- Grief in six words (exercise)
- Grieving in the second year
- Reconnecting with life after loss
- What would you tell your younger self about grief?
Jan. 17, 2018
TRIGGER & HOW TO DEAL WITH THEM
Jan. 24, 2018
- Grief triggers
- Helping the grief-stricken prepare for triggers
- Grief triggers - what are they and what causes them
- The grief coaster
- Physical stress of grieving
Jan. 31, 2018
- A balanced approach to coping with life after loss
- Conceptualization of coping
Feb. 14, 2018
- Grief dreams
- Issues voiced by the bereaved dreamer
- Dreams during grief
Feb. 21, 2018
- Grief and getting a good night's sleep
- 7 tips to help you sleep during grief
Feb. 28, 2018
ELEPHANT IN THE ROOM
- When others don't want to talk about your loved one
- Setting and maintaining boundaries
- When others fail to meet our expectations
- Grief: appropriate expectations
Mar. 7, 2018
GOING BACK TO WORK
- When Bereavement Leave Runs Out: going back to work after a death
- The Bereavement Employee: Returning to Work
Mar. 14, 2018
- The unique loneliness of grief
- Grief and isolation
- Being lonely can touch you in many ways
Mar. 21, 2018
LOSS OF CONTROL
- Who;s in charge, coping with loss of control
Mar. 28, 2018
- The Bargaining Stage of Grief
Apr. 4, 2018
- Anxiety in grief
- No one ever told me that grief felt so like fear
Bereavement Groups are for adults eighteen years of age and over who have experienced the death of their loved one. Young Adult groups are offered for 18 years to 25 years of age.
No cost is involved for all bereaved in the community.
Location of funeral planning does not matter.
Please contact us for schedules and more information.